Vortex indicator for MetaTrader4 (MT4) – free download
In this section you can download Vortex indicator for MetaTrader4 (mt4):
Vortex indicator -> up to speed:
- Swiss market technicians Etienne Botes and Douglas Siepman introduced the vortex indicator (VI) in the January 2010 issue of Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities.
- The VI has gained traction as a reliable trend following indicator that can produce surprisingly accurate buy and sell signals.
- Indicator construction revolves around the highs and lows of the last two days or periods.
- The distance from the current high to the prior low designates positive trend movement, while the distance between the current low and prior high designates negative trend movement.
- Results are posted as continuous lines beneath price bars, while crossovers are compared to other trend-following indicators to produce valid trading signals.
- You can improve indicator reliability by comparing vortex indicator signals with other trend-following tools, such as Wilder’s average directional index (ADX), moving average convergence divergence (MACD), etc.